Friday, July 25, 2014

Start of Week 5 - 12 days left.....

Crazy huh? I have now been here in the MTC for over a month. Can't believe it has been a month since I have entered. My spanish is coming along! I can't believe how real the gift of tongues is! It's such a blessing from Heavenly Father. Something I learned while studying here in the MTC (or in spanish CCM) is that sometimes I feel like I can't do this. And you know what? It's because I can't. Because this is a hard thing. And I am weak. But you know what? My God is not. He is strong and his son, Jesucristo, is my rock. And as long as I rely on him, I CAN do it. I have been very humbled while being here. I have been at my low, wanting nothing else but to come home to my family and friends. But I was reminded of something. I have made promises to my friends before this life that I would find them here and bring them the Gospel and I'm NOT going to break that promise. As hard as it gets. Because salvation is not a cheap price. It's hard. But so worth it. 
For all of you that are doubting your faith, listen. I know that you are wanting to give up. Because that's what I wanted. Wait no, scratch that. That's what Satan is telling you that you want. Last night at the Tuesday Evening Devotional I heard an analogy. It's called the train analogy.
Lets compare our Gospel to a train. This train is on the tracts traveling back to our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. And that train is going with or without us. But it is always our choice if we hop off. Even just for a second. But don't do it. Don't hop off. Wanna know why? Because you WILL regret it. And you will miss out. I promise you. You don't want to be anywhere else than on this train. And for those of you who have already gotten off, hop back on. There is this beautiful, hopeful concept called the Atonement. Because Christ loves YOU he suffered for you because he knew that you would hop off sometimes. Because sometimes you were going to give into Satans temptation that whatever is off the train is better that what's on. I testify to you that you WILL regret not boarding and staying on this train. If you feel like you can't board of whatever reason, STOP telling yourself that. There is help and aid on it. We can all travel together. 
This analogy pierced me through my heart when I heard it. I'm not going to get off this train. So stay on it with me. Lets travel back to our Father and Brother together. Helping each other. Helping others. 
Tengo uno testimonio de Jesucristo. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador. Yo se que mediante la Expiación podemos arrepentir de nustros pecados y vovemos vivor con nuestro padre otra vez. Yo se que mediante la plan de salvacion podemos vivir con nustros families para siempre. Es muy bonita y tiene much esperanza. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.
LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!
Con Amor,
Hermana Spear

Wear-Pink-Wednesdays

How Spanish grammar makes Melia feel!
Spanish looks super fun!


left to right - Elders Pierce, Dalton, Bahr and Alva

No comments:

Post a Comment